I’m currently performing with several ensembles on trumpet and voice in and around the Los Angeles metropolitan area, including the New Millennium Brass Ensemble, Phantom Brass, and duos and trios with musicians including Leila Bishop, John Pisaro, and Ian Stahl. In the near future, I’ll be performing at the Wild Beast and Joshua Tree National Park. Check out the calendar in the drop-down menu or the dates below to find out where I’ll be next!
Some light listening:
Quiver by Cameron Robello, performed March 3, 2018 in the Wild Beast:
Take What You Want, part of Letters from the Aftermath; performed March 3, 2018 in the Wild Beast with Leila Bishop:
multitudes, written in memoriam of Mary Elizabeth DeJarnett; performed March 3, 2018 in the Wild Beast with John Pisaro and Leila Bishop:
Spring 2018 upcoming performances:
- March 12: The Ensemble performs in the Wild Beast at CalArts. Premieres by Lantello, Sclafani, and Leñero alongside Lachenmann.
- March 21: I’ll perform on trumpeter Sara Sithi-Amnuai’s mid-residency recital.
- April 8: I’m joining harpist Leila Bishop on her mid-residency recital.
- April 14: I’ll be performing at Joshua Tree National Park as part of High Desert Soundings.
- April 17: Phantom will be performing on Darren Dvoracek’s mid-residency MFA recital.
- May 6: I’ll be premiering Shatter the Heavens, my new work for low brass ensemble, as part of the New Millennium concert.
In the past, I’ve played with ensembles including the Nash Composers’ Coalition, the ASU Concert Jazz Band, the ASU Jazz Repertory Band (guest artist), and various small groups at the Wild Beast (CA), ArtShare LA (CA), Roy O. Disney Concert Hall (CA), The Nash (Phoenix, AZ), Arizona State University, the Mesa Arts Center (AZ), and Mesa Community College (AZ).
YOUR MOUSE GOD iS DEAD (and other new works): Performances of my own work and others by Cameron Robello, Bracha Bdil, Chris Lamb, Jeremiah Sweeney, and Matt Barbier:
Multifaceted: my senior recital at Arizona State, alongside seventeen fantastic performers playing a slew of my own pieces (April 1, 2017):
Cameron Robello’s M.E.C.H., performed February 13, 2017 at Arizona State University (Ruchy Gambhir, oboe; Ritty Gambhir, bassoon; Cameron Robello, electronics; JP Lempke, piano; Amanda Romani, violin; Zach Bush, double bass):
Stephen Mitton’s Zapateado, performed February 22, 2016 at Arizona State University (Kevin Villalta, piano):
Interested in hiring me to perform? Book your event below!