I’m currently accepting commissions for ensembles of all skill levels. My rates typically vary by duration, instrumentation, deadline, and use—a multi-movement piece for orchestra is more labor-intensive than a two-minute piece for two performers. That said, I enjoy working with students, ensembles, and educators, and I’m happy to explore options if you’re on a limited budget. For more information, contact me directly at email@example.com. We’ll talk more about your project and work to create the right piece for you.
A sampling of recent commissions:
- The Adventures of Wichita Joe and Danny Díaz, commissioned by the Spring View Middle School Jazz Band – Jeremiah Jacks, director.
- Your Mouse God is Dead, commissioned by Ian Stahl and John Pisaro.
- RPM (brass quartet expansion), commissioned by Phantom Brass.
- multitudes, commissioned by Robin and Steve DeJarnett.
- He Probably Just Likes You, commissioned by the Nash Composers’ Coalition.
- Red Light Horizon (big band), commissioned by Julie Bounds for Santa Teresa High School Jazz Band I.
- Tipping Point, commissioned by Tess Galbiati.
“… a bright and welcome contrast.”
“I highly recommend working with Megan!!! She’s fantastic!”
“I love how Megan writes music like a blizzard, with all these delightful crunches in it.”
“Whether delicately sewn or boisterously uprooted, Megan’s creative practice consistently upturns a soil rich in expressive detail. Her capacity to nurture a tender, budding seed matches her wildest winds and quakes – forms and sonic eruptions emerge as outgrowths of clear trajectory. Megan prunes down to the articulation and masterfully landscapes entire forms.”