What a month it’s turned into! April is shaping up to be action-packed in more ways than one. Because I’m about to plunge into a bunch of different performances, I thought I’d take a moment to highlight a few of them here:
- April 8 (today!) at 5pm, I’ll be playing fake French horn (aka flugelhorn) on Leila Bishop’s mid-residency recital. Come out to the Wild Beast for some tasty harp music!
- April 9 at 7pm, Don’t Tell has its first California performance as part of UCSB’s installment of the CEMEC concert series. I’ll be at the concert; come say hello!
- April 14 at 6pm, I’ll be performing with the Pisaros at Joshua Tree as part of High Desert Soundings. Read more (and watch them meet the pitfalls of spelling my name) here.
- April 15, Phantom announces its finalists in our Winter Call for Scores. We’re so excited about this round’s entries. Stay tuned!
- April 17 at 8pm, I’ll be joining Phantom in a performance on Darren Dvoracek’s mid-residency recital, featuring three composers from our Fall Call for Scores. I’ll also be sitting in with his brass quintet, Oakwood Brass, to play some Ewald and other fun things.
- Toward the end of April, I’ll also be releasing information on new works and where you can catch the world premieres of The Adventures of Wichita Joe and Danny Díaz and Shatter the Heavens.
Going to any of these events? Let me know! I’d love to say hi.
Happy music making! ♦