What a crazy four months it’s been! This semester, I’ve been lucky to score premieres, performances, and commissions. Here’s the roundup:
- August-October 2016: commission from the Grand Valley State University trumpet program (stay tuned for premiere information)
- September 2016: Performance at First United Methodist Church of Phoenix (solo)
- October 2016: Premiere of Bells for soprano and piano at the Knights of Pythias Lodge in Tempe, AZ.
- November 2016: Second performance of Bells, this time at the ASU Composition Studio Recital in Katzin Concert Hall.
- November 2016: Performance at First United Methodist Church of Phoenix (part of a brass quartet)
- November 2016: Performance of Red Cedar by Christine Jensen with the ASU Jazz Repertory Band at the Nash
- December 2016: Completion of Don’t Tell for fixed media (stay tuned for premiere information)
- December 2016: Premiere of Red Light Horizon for ten jazz musicians at the debut performance of the Nash Composers’ Coalition, which took place at the Nash in Phoenix, AZ.
- December 2016: Commission to score Red Light Horizon for full big band (stay tuned for release date and premiere information)
- December 2016: Will perform at First United Methodist Church of Phoenix for 7pm, 9pm, and 11pm Christmas Eve services (solo)
Thanks for coming along for the ride! I’m excited to share more new music with you in the coming months.